Top 10 Largest, Biggest & Best Aquariums In the World in 2015-2016, Top 10 Largest and Most Astonishing Aquariums in the World.
The capacity of a home aquarium tank is maybe 30 gallon, even if a few aquarists have made aquariums of many thousands of gallons. Public aquariums are larger than home aquariums. There are some huge types of aquarium which are especially designed to create a home for aquatic monsters. This type of aquarium can hold monster sharks, manta rays etc. It takes a very large tank to hold these kinds of aquatic creatures.
Presenting the list of largest Aquariums of the world in 2015-2016
If you are a student of science and specially having a huge interest towards the aquatic world then we are sure you will be looking forward to know in detail about the largest aquariums of the world.
1. Georgia Aquarium (6,3 million gallons) – One of the largest aquariums of the world is The Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. It can hold more than 100,000 sea creatures. The Georgia Aquarium is the one between all which can perfectly hold whale sharks outside of Asia. The aquarium opened in November, 2005. The sharks are kept in a massive 24 million liter (6.3 million gallon) tank in the Ocean Voyager exhibit.
2. Dubai Mall Aquarium – It is simply amazing to know that that Dubai also made its place in the list of the largest aquarium of the world. At this present moment The Dubai mall is one of the largest malls of the world but it also the place of one of the largest aquarium of the world. It has a 2.64 million gallon tank with above 33,000 specimens. Now it has the world’s largest acrylic glass panel, bigger even than the one in Okinawa.
3. Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium (1, 98 million gallons) – The Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums of the world and it is situated inside the Ocean Expo Park in Japan and was opened in 2002. The Kuroshio Sea is the main tank of the aquarium having Capacity of 7, 5 million liters of water with an acrylic glass panel with a thickness of 60 cms. Monster sharks and manta rays are not kept with other fish species in Kuroshio Sea. There have been a total of four manta rays born in the aquarium since July 2010.
4. L’Oceanografic – This huge aquarium is located in the City of Arts and Sciences, which is actually an exhibition hall in Valencia, Spain. It is the largest tank in all of Europe and it can hold 1.85 million gallons of water with more than 45,000 species of marine life. Inside this aquarium is the largest tank in all of Europe, containing 1.85 million gallons of water. There are more than 45,000 species of marine life represented in the L’Oceanografic exhibit.
5. Turkuazoo – In the year of 2009 Turkey’s Turkuazoo aquarium opened up. It is the largest newer aquarium of the world. Inside the Forum Istanbul Shopping Mall the Turkuazoo is located, and it also has some capacity of 1.32 million gallon of water. There are around 10,000 species living in Turkuazoo.
6. Monterey Bay Aquarium (1, 2 million gallons) – The Monterey Bay Aquarium is located on the site of a former sardine cannery on Cannery Row in Monterey, California. It has two giant tanks. Between this two one have the capacity of 1.3 million liter with 10 meter height and situated at California coastal marine life and the other have 4.5 million liter of water with world’s largest single-paned windows.
7. UShaka Marine World – The uShaka Marine is also one of the largest aquariums of the world which located in Durban, South Africa. Thirty-two tanks contain just under a million total gallons of water. The aquarium is created to resemble a wreck under the sea. A famous restaurant at the park has a large wall aquarium populated by sharks.
8. Shanghai Ocean Aquarium – The Shanghai Ocean Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums in Asia. It is composed of 9 exhibition zones of all over the world; The China Zone is home to several endangered Chinese aquatic species, including rare and precious species from the Yangtze River. The biggest attraction of the aquarium is the underwater tunnel of 155 meter.
9. Aquarium of Genoa – Built for Expo 92, the Aquarium of Genoa in Italy is one of the largest aquariums in Europe. The aquarium’s 70 tanks reproduce marine and terrestrial habitats from throughout the world and provide a home for more than 6000 animals. The most fantastic ones are those housing the sharks, the dolphins and the seals.
10. The Aquadom – The Aquadom not too huge but it is a unique exoerience. The cylindrical aquarium is situated inside the atrium of the Radisson Hotel in Berlin. It is 25 meters high and has a diameter of 11 meters and hold a million liters of water. There are over 2,600 different species living inside.
The best aquariums in the world offer plenty to enjoy in terms of sheer volume, but also feature exciting and informative exhibits. These aquariums not only are fascinating because they offer an opportunity to learn about the world beneath the ocean, but are also atmospheric and make a visitor feel as if they have stepped into another world.