Top 10 Most Expensive Foods in The World in 2017, Top 10 expensive foods and exclusive features:
We all like to taste something special whenever we get any opportunity. Especially if we are on trip to another country, then we will always like to cherish the dishes of that country. Again, in some countries, we can have some exceptional foods which are hard to find and these are expensive too. In spite of being expensive, these foods are just awesome to taste.
The list of the top 10 expensive foods in the world in 2017
Different countries have different food habits and among them some foods items are really expensive. These foods are not available all the seasons and thus these foods have become most expensive today. Here we can take a look at the top 10 expensive food items which we can taste.
1. Ayam Cemani chicken: This special chicken is of Indonesian Breed. This tastes exotic and awesome. One such chicken is available at $199.The muscles and bones are black of this chicken. This chicken has become famous due to its black meat.
2. Bluefin Tuna: A one pound Bluefin Tuna costs $ 3500. This species is rarely available and so the cost is very high. Bluefin Tuna is famous for its red and pink meat. In Tokyo in the year 2013, a bluefin Tuna was sold at a record price of $1.76 million. Most of the Japanese have this bluefin Tuna all over the world. But, today environmentalists have warned that this species is under danger.
3. Kopi Luwak Coffee; All of us like to cherish the taste of coffee during any season and if it the costliest coffee then we all should taste it. The most expensive and classy coffee in the world is Kopi Luwak Coffee. This coffee is also known as poop coffee or civet coffee. The cost of a pound of this coffee ranges between $100 to $ 600.
4. Pineapples: one must be surprised that how a pineapple can be so expensive. Yes, in U.K such pineapples are grown with the technology of manure heated. One can find this special and costliest pineapple in the Lost Gardens of Heligan. One such pineapples costs $16000. This pineapple carries the status of Victorian era.
5. Hop Shoots: This vegetable is being considered as the most expensive vegetable in the world. This resembles to asparagus. We can find this vegetable only during spring. The cost of a pound of this vegetable is $600. In Belgium this special vegetable is cultivated within a dark glass room.
6. LA Bonnotte Potatoes: This special potato is only available in Noirmoutier Island. This Island is positioned in the west coast of France. This potato is grown once in a year at a very small scale. The cost of a pound of this potato is $300.
7. Safron: A pound of Safron is cost between $2000 to $10000. The saffron is obtained from a flower which s highly maintainable and hence the cost of saffron is very high. This flower blooms only once in a year and just for one week.
8. White Truffle: At present the cost of white truffle has reached to $ 23750 a pound. This is mainly available in Italy. Very recently, the world’s largest white truffle has been sold at a price of $95000
9. Japanese Wagyu Beef: Beef is famous among many people around the world. But, if you are searching for beef with low cholesterol features then Japanese Wagyu is right for you. This low cholesterol and highly tendered meat is available is Japan and the cost of this beef is also very high. The Wagyu beefs are consistently marbled.
10. To’AK Chocolate: We all like to have chocolate and doctors also suggest that chocolate is good for health. Again, if we can make a habit of chocolate with maximum existence of coca then that will be great for us. So, we can think about To’AK chocolate. This chocolate is available with 81 percent pure coca. This is not only healthy but also tasty too. The cost of this chocolate is $260 for an ounce.
Hence, from the above we can observe the top ten most expensive foods available within the world. All these foods may be costliest but delicious too.