The top 10 Highest-Paid Major League Baseball Players Of 2017, highly paid MLB players.
Baseball is among the major sports of United States and because of this, most of the players of this game are able to earn heavy income that varies from player to player. Major League Baseball is known for its contribution in providing best baseball players to this amazing sport. Thus, the players of MLB are considered the highest income earners from this game. This is the best sport where new comers get a chance to earn heavy income.
List of top 10 highest paid MLB players 2017:
The list of top paid MLB players are provided that is based on the annual income and income from major long term contracts. The list is prepared and fans can find their popular player form the list and can know his income and popularity.
1. Clayton Kershaw: – Clayton Kershaw is a popular player of Los Angeles Dodgers team and earns an annual salary of $30 millions. He Started playing mlb on May 25, 2008 and is currently in a 7 year contract that will provide him an income of $215 million.
2. Justin Verlander: – He is an American baseball-starting pitcher who plays for Detroit Tigers and debuted on July 4, 2005. Moreover, his major portion of earning is from a 7-year contract of $180,000,000. He has an annual income of $28 million. He plays for Detroit Tigers and in the year 2014, he has 2.8 wins.
3. Ryan Howard: – Ryan Howard earns an annual income of $25 million and plays for Philadelphia Phillies team. He is a First baseman player and is in a 5-year contract that provides him total income of $125 million. He is known to be the nightmare of his team and is a shell of his team. He is an American professional mlb player who started playing mlb from the year 2004.
4. Cliff Lee: – Cliff Lee debuted in mlb on September 15, 2002 and is now a highly paid player and a popular name. He his among the highest paid baseball player and holds an annual income of $25,000,000. He is a popular player of Philadelphia Phillies team and has won the NL CY Young Award in the year 2008. He is in 5 years contract from which he earns an income of $120,000,000.
5. Albert Pujols: – He is an American mlb professional who earns an annual income of $25 million and debuted in this game in the year 2001. He is a dedicated and main player of Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim team. During 2011 and 2006, he was named World Series champion and became NL MVP Award winner thrice. He is in a 10-year contract with Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and earns an income of $240,000,000.
6. Felix Hernandez: – He earns an annual income of $24 million and is currently a Starting Pitcher of Seattle Mariners. He is in a current contract of 7 years with Seattle Mariners and earns total income of $175,000,000.
7. Prince Fielder: – He earns an annual income of $24 million from this profession and is in a 9 years contract where he earns total income of $214 million. He is a First baseman of Texas Rangers team. In the year 2007, he was also named as NL home run leader and was awarded the Silver Slugger Award for three times.
8. Josh Hamilton: – Josh Hamilton started his mlb carrier in the year 2007 and is now among the highly paid mlb player. He is an American baseball outfielder who is in 5 years contract with Los Angeles Angels of Anahim. His major porting of earning from this contract is $125,000,000 and his annual income is $25,000,000.
9. Robinson Cano: – This Seattle Mariners team Second baseman earns an annual income of $24 million annually. He is in a 10 years contract that will end in 2023; this provided him total income of $240 million. He started playing mlb in the year 2005.
10. C.C Sabathia: – He earns an annual income of $23 million and is Starting Pitcher of New York Yankees team. He is in a 5-year contract that earned him total income of $122 million. His contract will end in the year 2016.
Thus, the above provided list of top paid mlb player provides the details of the annual income of each player along with their major source of income from various contracts.