Top 10 richest MMA fighters in the world in 2015-2016, Highest-Earning MMA fighters.
MMA has grown to be a money-spinning financial triumphant from being an extreme sport for most players. Over the past 15 years, UFC has granted some massive raises for this sport on the entire universe. It is just not the money that these players have been bagging but all of them deal with some of the renowned brands in the world.
List of Top 10 richest MMA fighters of the world in 2015-2016
The listing of Top 10 fighters might leave most of you amazed as some of them can be counted as the usual suspects. These elite fighters have been able to fetch a very good sum by endorsing for largest brands and rose as an epitome of financial mammoths.
1. Jon Jones ($ 10 Million) – Currently counted as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Jon Jones has been successfully defending the place since the year 2010. Even after being a part of controversies surrounding the natives of New York, he has been able to bag a lot of money. He was able to secure the deals with Gatorade and Nike. But later, Gatorade denied about making an agreement and Nike dropped the endorsement in 2014.
2. Quinton Jackson ($ 12 Million) – After joining in February 2007, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson was counted amongst the well known names in the UFC. He bagged millions of dollars and held the belt for a short time span. He made his way to the film industry and appeared in the movie The A-Team. Recently, he teamed with Reebok for endorsing a Rampage shoe.
3. Chuck Liddell ($ 13Million) – Known as one of the most recognized fighters in the world, the “IceMan” is UFC Hall-of-Famer. He has a huge fan following along with a UFC brass, which led UFC into the mainstream of sports world. For this, Dana White and her crew rewarded Liddell. Tito Ortiz and Liddell’s fight drew above 1 million PPV buys on the television and this was his biggest payoffs.
4. Tito Ortiz ($ 15 Million) – Ortiz was amongst the first UFC stars and he knew the tactics to sell himself to his fans. Hate him or love him, everyone wanted to see him hit the bout. He had his infamous ‘Punishment’ clothing line. He signed up with Bellator and remains to be amongst the most renowned fighters in the whole world.
5. Wanderlai Silva ($ 16 Million) – Silva has been a part of some of the outstanding fights in the history of MMA and is known to be amongst the most thrilling fighters of all times. He was the highest paid fighter and was counted amongst the biggest names in Pride. He came to UFC with a fan following that helped in retaining his huge income. Silva has his own cloth linings and a renowned gymnasium in Las Vegas.
6. Fedor Emelianenko ($ 16.5 Million) – Fedor made his name as the greatest secret in the world of fighters and he is on run for success. He had big pay days with an amazing fight vs. Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia. The fight between him and Brock Lesnar could have been outstanding but it failed to materialize.
7. Randy Couture ($ 17 Million) – Randy is one of the greatest MMA fighters alive and infamous for being able to hold two different titles in their designated weight divisions. While his career was on the verge of extinction, he was earning about $1 million per fight. He fought until the age of 47. He has paved his way into Hollywood by acting in the film series Expendables.
8. Anderson Silva ($ 18 Million) – Silva never lost a fight for seven long years before Weidman ended his flashy reputation of standing tall for so long in July 2013. Silva became one of the highest paid fighters in UFC’s history. He is amongst the most renowned Brazilian athletes and has signed endorsements with Burger King and Nike in South America.
9. BJ Penn ($ 20 Million) – Penn has become a wealthy man due to his ability to stay in the UFC for such a long time. He began fighting at the age of 22 in the year 2001. This legend comes from a rich family and runs a website known as BJ.Penn.com, which makes Penn second most wealthy fighter.
10. Georges St. Pierre ($ 25 Million) – St. Pierre is the biggest name in MMA and is known to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.
The above MMA players are doing great job in this particular field of sports and also earning good amount from endorsement of various brands. They are inspiration for many MMA fighters.