Top 10 richest Hollywood directors in 2015-2016, Highest paid and richest filmmakers in Hollywood.
The film director of Hollywood is known for their versatility and skills that they show while directing various films. They guide the performance of actors and ensure that the film reflects the real vision that is written in script. These directors are able to earn millions from this profession and are among the richest directors in world.
List of top 10 richest Hollywood directors 2015-2016:
Directors of Hollywood have earned heavy income from their profession. This is because of their versatility in directing films and always bringing something new to fans. Below is the list of all the top and richest Hollywood directors who have earned heavy income through directing various blockbuster movies.
1. Barry Levinson: – Another American director who has a net worth of $150 million who has entertained entire world with his exceptionally amazing directed films. His film “Rain Man” has won Oscar award for him. Thus, this shows his success story and reason for possessing such a heavy net worth. He is a popular producer, director and a writer.
2. Christopher Nolan: – Christopher Nolan is a versatile director who is known for directing British-American films and is a popular producer and screenwriter. He is known for his thrilling movies like Inception and Memento that have attracted heavy crowed at theatres. Thus, due to his skill and contribution in Hollywood, he justifies his net worth of $150 million.
3. Wachowski Brothers: – Wachowski Brothers posses net worth of $250 million and are popular American film directors. Both Brothers Andy Wachowski and Larry Wachowski are known for their versatile imagination power and popular personalities who produce and writer stories of their movies. Their creativity can be expressed from his movie “Matrix” trilogy.
4. Francis Ford Coppola: – Francis Ford Coppola has a net worth of $250 million and is a popular producer and screenwriter. This American film director is popular for his trilogy film “The Godfather” trilogy. He is an award winner writer and producer who has been nominated for fourteen times for Academy Awards and won 5 of them.
5. Peter Jackson: – His net worth is $400 million and is popular for his film “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy. His overall earning from this movie trilogy is $180 million. Thus, this makes him a popular writer, producer, and director.
6. Michael Bay: – Michael Bay is an American director who has a net worth of $430 million and is also known as a popular producer in Hollywood industry. He is also able to earn an annual income of $65 million from this profession and several blockbuster films like The Rock, Pearl Harbor, and Armageddon. He is also a co founder of ‘Platinum Dunes’ a producing company.
7. Tyler Perry: – Tyler Perry is an American director who has net worth of $450 million and earns an annual income of $80 million. He is a versatile director who is also known for his acting, producing and play writing skills.
8. James Cameron: – James Cameron is a Canadian born director who has directed some successful movies like Terminator, Aliens, Titanic, Avatar and True Lies. His net worth is $700 million and is able to earn $1.1 billion from U.S alone through his films.
9. Steven Spielberg: – He is a popular American director who has a net worth of $3.6 billion and is a popular director of movies like Jurassic Park, Jaws, etc. he is a popular screenwriter and producer who has entertained his fans through his versatile movies. He is able to earn an annual salary of $150 million and is among the most experienced and talented director of Hollywood.
10. George Lucas: – George Lucas has a net worth of $4.3 billion and is a known producer, businessman and writer. He is a reputable name among the Hollywood directors who have earned heavy income from this profession and is able to gain the attention of entire world through his popular films. Moreover, franchise of “Star Wars” has earned him heavy income of $5 billion all around the world. Moreover, from The American Film Institute in the year 2005 he was able to receive ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’.
Thus, these are the top 10 richest directors of Hollywood who have entertained entire world through their creativity and imagination skill. They truly justify their income and heavy net worth.