Top 10 richest engineers in the world in 2015-2016, highest paid engineers list.
We think that most of the billionaires have a degree in Business Administration. It is surely surprising matter that there are lots of business personality in the world who has the engineering degree and they are also the part of the world’s richest billionaire club.
Presenting the list of richest engineers in the world in 2015-2016
Technology made many people rich in this world and in this content we are presenting the ones who became rich being an engineer by profession.
Here is the list of Top 10 richest engineers 2015-2016 who are also a billionaire.
1. Carlos Slim – Carlos Slim is richest engineer as well as the 2nd richest man in the world. This Mexican business personality has interest in all types of business sector like technology, retail, finance and communication. Basically, he is a civil engineer from Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. Presently he holds the position of chief executive of the leading telecommunications organization Telmex and América Móvil.
2. Charles Koch: – Charles Koch is the CEO of the world renowned chemical and oil refining company Koch Industries. He is the 2nd richest engineer in the world. He is the owner of three engineer degree, including General Engineering, M.Sc Chemical Engineering and M.Sc Mechanical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is also the co-owner of his company. Presently, he is having net worth $31 billion.
3. David Koch – Brother of Charles Koch, David Koch is the owner of 42% share of famous chemical and oil refining company Koch Industries. He is also the owner of both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Chemical Engineering. David Koch is the 3rd richest engineer in the world. He is having new worth of $31 billion.
4. Bernard Arnault – Having the general engineering degree, Bernard Arnault is presently the business magnet in France, not only that he is a great art collector by Henry Moore, Picasso, Yves Klein and Andy Warhol. This famous business personality is the CEO and chairman of LVMH, which is the world’s best luxury goods conglomerate. His financial status is worth $29 billion.
5. Michael Bloomberg – Michael Bloomberg, the 5th richest engineer and 7th richest person in the world, is presently holding the position of Mayor in New York City. This world’s renowned American business personality has the Electrical Engineering degree. He is the founder of Bloomberg L.P, a global financial data and media organization. He is also the 88% shareholder of this company. His financial status is worth $31 billion per year.
6. Jeff Bezos – Having the Engineering degree in Electrical degree and computer science, Jeff Bezos is the founder of world’s renowned and largest e-commerce platform Amezon.com. He also takes the CEO position of this company. Bezos has played the main role in the development of e-commerce. Under his flagship, this large e-commerce company became the world’s leading online seller. Bezos is the 6th richest engineer of the world.
7. Larry Page – The Co-founder of web giant Google, Larry Page is the inventor of Google Page rank. He also holds the position CEO of Google and the owner of sixteen percent shares of this company. Page has the bachelor’s degree in Computer science from Michigan University and also has the master’s degree in the same field from University of Stanford. Page is presently worth $24.9 billion. He is the 7th richest engineer of the world.
8. Sergey Brin – This American web entrepreneur is also the co-founder of Internet giant Google. Sergey Brin is basically from the Soviet Union, when he was 6 his family immigrated to the United States. Having the degree in Computer Science from the University of Stanford, Brin is presently worth $24.4 billion. During the PhD studies, Page and Brin became friend and started the company Google. He is the 8th richest engineer in the world.
9. Mukesh Ambani – Renowned Indian entrepreneur, Mukesh Ambani is the CEO and biggest shareholder of Reliance Industries Limited, second largest company of India. This business magnet is presently worth of $21 billion and he is the owner 9th position in this list. Ambani has the Chemical Engineering degree from Bombay University.
10. Thomas Kwok – Thomas Kwok is 10th richest engineer in the world. He is the joint chairman and MD of renowned real estate company of Hong Kong Sun Hung Kai Properties. Kwok has the Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from London’s technological college Imperial, not only that he is the owner of MBA degree from Business school of London.
According to the research that most of the renowned business personality of the world who have the engineering degree are more self made billionaires than other business sector. It is also pointed out by research that seven out of 15 world richest self made billionaires earned their great amount of money from technology sector.